Carol Kinsey Goman, keynote speaker specializing in leadership and nonverbal communication
Carol Kinsey Goman, PhD, who specializes in leadership and nonverbal communication, delivers keynote addresses all over the world. She coaches executives, female leaders, salespeople, and change-agents to build strong and productive business relationships by projecting confidence, credibility, caring, and charisma. A frequent presenter for The Conference Board, The Executive Forum, and the International Association of Business Communicators, Goman delivers keynote addresses and seminars on leadership, body language in the workplace, collaboration, and change leadership to corporations, government agencies, and major trade associations.
Her clients include more than 200 organizations in 24 countries — corporate giants such as Consolidated Edison, 3M, and PepsiCo; major nonprofit organizations such as the American Institute of Banking, the Healthcare Forum, and the American Society for Training & Development; high-tech firms such as Hewlett-Packard and Texas Instruments; agencies such as the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, US Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, and the Library of Congress; and international firms such as Petroleos de Venezuela, Dairy Farm in Hong Kong, SCA Hygiene in Germany, and Wartsilla Diesel in Finland.
Goman has been cited as an authority in media such as Industry Week, Investors Business Daily, CNN’s Business Unusual, PBS Marketplace, MarketWatch radio, and the NBC Nightly News.
She is a leadership blogger for Forbes and the author of 12 business books, including:
- The NonVerbal Advantage: Secrets and Science of Body Language at Work
- The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help—or Hurt—How You Lead
- And her most recent, The Truth About Lies in the Workplace: How to Spot Liars and What to Do About Them
Goman has served as adjunct faculty at John F. Kennedy University in the International MBA program, at the University of California in the Executive Education Department, and for the Chamber of Commerce of the United States at their Institutes for Organization Management. She’s a faculty member for the Institute for Management Studies.
Praise for Carol Kinsey Goman
Lee Hornick, Conference Coordinator, The Conference Board
The all-time greatest speaker I have ever worked with. I’ve worked with Carol numerous times over a 15-year period. She has an incredible rapport and ability to connect with the audience. I’ve seen her present to an audience of CEOs and totally blow them away. Her material is always original and fresh, and she knows it like a book.
Robert Pearl, MD, Executive Director and CEO, The Permanente Medical Group
The afternoon discussion was excellent, focusing on the five stages of change and how we can help others to move along the curve. What is most powerful for our medical group are expert models that we can continue to apply as change happens. You gave us just what we need, and I know we will be asking you to present to additional audiences in the future.
Debbie Verdream, Human Resources Director, BETA Healthcare Group
I want to thank you for your enlightening and stimulating presentation on Body Language. It was the perfect way to conclude our BETA Healthcare Group Annual Retreat. Your delivery was so engaging that we lost all track of time. Thanks again for sharing your in-depth knowledge and for introducing us to such valuable techniques in silent communications.
Zhanara Amans, Director, Go-To-Market Scale, Salesforce
Thank you sooooo much for making such a great event today on The Silent Language of Leaders. We are receiving a lot of very positive feedback and comments from the participants. People really appreciated the content and are sharing their learnings from the session!
Carol Kinsey Goman’s Speaking Topics
The Silent Language of Leaders
In this speech you’ll learn:
- Two sets of nonverbal signals people look for in leaders—and the circumstances that make one more effective than the other.
- Body language strategies for collaboration, change management, negotiation, and working with cross-cultural teams.
- How to read the body language of your team members to find out what they really think.
The Truth About Lies in the Workplace
Based on her best-selling book, Goman will provide insights into:
- The 12 verbal and nonverbal cues for spotting liars at work—and strategies for
dealing with them.
- How our biases and assumptions play into the hands of liars.
- How to reduce lies and build a culture of candor in your team or organization.
Body Language for Women Who Lead
In this speech, Goman shares:
- The 10 body language traps that rob women leaders of their power and authority.
- Impression management: How to project power, confidence, and charisma.
- You’ll also sharpen your skill at reading other people’s body language from head to toe.
The Power of Collaborative Leadership
- The high cost of low collaboration—why it matters to individuals and organizations.
- Why people don’t tell what they know—and how to overcome those barriers.
- Building the 5 levels of trust that are the foundation of collaboration.
Body Language for Sales
In this speech, Goman explains:
- How to make a positive impression in the first 7 seconds—and maintain it throughout the entire meeting.
- Verbal and nonverbal strategies for dealing with disengagement.
- How to spot the prospect’s body language signals of uncertainty, resistance, deception, and “ready to buy.”
What are the five biggest mistakes leaders make when leading change? In this speech you’ll find out, and also learn:
- How to build change-adeptness in your team or organization.
- The difference between incremental, transformative, and continuous change.
- The emotional literacy needed to lead people through all types of change.
Book Carol Kinsey Goman for your next conference and workshop!
Click here to send us an email to check availability: Hope@InkandescentPR.com. Or give us a call at 703-346-6975.