Date: September 3, 2015
Hope Katz Gibbs
Topic: Top 5 PR + Marketing Tips in 10 Minutes
Organization: Network for Enterprising Women
Location: Richmond, VA
What are the Top PR + Marketing Tips that you need to know? In 10 minutes, speaker Hope Katz Gibbs will offer a few ideas to help the savvy, sassy ladies of Richmond’s Network for Enterprising Women learn how to boost their visibility.
If you are looking to do the same, try this:
1. Make sure your website is stunning. Why? It’s your little black dress — and your public face. Make sure it reflects who you are, what you do, and why customers should spend their money with you.
2. Update your bio and photo and add it to your social media pages. You’ll be amazed at how many people contact you.
3. Add 10 new social media contacts each month, and reach out to them with a quick note — and add them to your database for your monthly newsletter.
4. Don’t send out a monthly newsletter? Consider creating one.
5. Don’t know what to say in the newsletter? Make a list of the 12 topics you want to share as the expert that you are in your field. Now flesh out those ideas in articles that are 250-500 words. Add a great image to illustrate the topic. Do your best to hook the topics to newsworthy or timely events (feature something that has to do with love in February, being thankful in November, etc.).
Remember: Be intriguing, be insightful, be interesting, Be Inkandescent.
About Hope Katz Gibbs
Journalist, publicist, author, and entrepreneur Hope Katz Gibbs is the founder of Inkandescent Public Relations (www.InkyPR.com), a PR firm for entrepreneurs; and the publisher of Be Inkandescent (www.BeInky.com) — a monthly business magazine for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs, that gets more than 1 million visits/month.
Hope has been a reporter since graduating from the University of Pennsylvania in 1986, writing for publications including The Washington Post, USA Today, The Miami Herald, Costco Connection, among others, and has won nearly a dozen awards for feature writing, and newsletter writing.
She got into the PR biz in 2001, and incorporating the Inkandescent Group LLC in 2008. Since then, she has represented more than 350 small business owners, authors, artists, educators, restauranteurs, and more. In August 2014, she released her first book, PR Rules: The Playbook, to help more entrepreneurs master the art of PR to supersize their small business. Learn more at PRRulesPlaybook.com.
Contact Hope by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and by phone at 844-Inky-PR8.