Date: September 17, 2013
Hope Katz Gibbs
Topic: The 8 Steps to PR Success at the 2nd Annual Workforce Boardroom Conference / Chmura Economics & Analytics
Organization: 2nd Annual Workforce Boardroom Conference / Chmura Economics & Analytics
Location: Richmond, VA
Of the zillion PR firms in America, odds are good that no two will approach PR and marketing your business the same way. But, we all use the same tools in the PR toolbox. What will set your business apart from the pack is how you finesse your message, stay consistent, and find clever ways to maximize your visibility.
In this 60-minute speech, we’ll begin by sharing the 7 Steps to PR Success that you need to know before you get started (20 minutes):
1 Create a stunning website.
2. Develop an explosive PR campaign.
3. Make a splash in the news.
4. Write a column in a magazine.
6. Join a Speakers Bureau.
7. Write a book.
8. Pay it forward.
For the remainder of the time, we’ll invite the audience to share their websites, newsletters, marketing materials, and social media strategies with the group to discuss and analyze.
About the 2013 Workforce Boardroom Conference: Illuminate to Innovate!
BIG Data. Bright Leaders. Bold Decisions
September 15, 2013, Sunday
- 5:00—7:00 p.m. Kickoff Reception—The Omni Hotel, Magnolia Room
September 16, 2013, Monday
- 7:45—8:45 a.m. 8:45—9:00 a.m.: Breakfast. Words from the President: “Workforce Boardroom Conference Welcome Address.” Chris Chmura, PhD, President & Chief Economist, Chmura Economics & Analytics.
- 9:00—9:45 a.m.: Session 1: “Customer-driven Innovation.” Marge Connelly, Former COO, Barclaycard, & Former EVP Capital One.
- 9:45—10:30 a.m.: Session 2: “How Companies Make Location Decisions.” Jay Doherty, Partner, Mercer.
- 10:45—11:30 a.m.: Session 3: “It’s Not About Jobs, It’s About Enabling the American Dream.” Ed Burghard, CEO, The Burghard Group, LLC, Former Executive Director, Ohio Business Development Coalition.
- 11:30—12:15 a.m.: Session 4: “Filling the Pipeline Through Innovative Datamining for Improved Online Curriculum Delivery.” Martin Scaglione, CEO & Co-Founder, VIRIDIS.
- 12:15—1:15 p.m.: Key Note Lunch: TBD. David M. Trebing, General Manager, State & Local Relations, Daimler.
- 1:15—2:00 p.m.: Session 5: “Measuring Communities’ Location Intelligence Score.”
Wayne Geary, PhD, Senior Vice President, Location Advisor, Jones, Lang, LaSalle, Inc.
- 2:15—3:00 p.m.: Session 7: “Why Talent is the Lifeline of Innovation.” Xerox Business Services.
- 3:15—4:00 p.m.: Panel Disucssion: “Bridging Workforce to Economic Development.” Facilitator—Kelli Parmley, Executive Director, Bridging Richmond, including Sara Dunnigan, Economist & Transformational Strategist, Chmura Economics & Analtyics.
- 4:00—5:45 p.m.: Reception and Presentation at Richmond’s Main Street Station
“Revitalizing a Transportation Hub: Main Street Station.” Lee Downey, Director of Economic & Community Development, City of Richmond.
September 17, 2013, Tuesday
- 8:45—9:30 a.m.: Session 1: “Will Sequestration Impact Economic Development.”
Chris Chmura, President & Chief Economist, Chmura Economics & Analytics.
- 9:30—10:15 a.m.: Session 2: “New Data Recipes to Drive Economies, Education, and Employment.” Bruce Stephen, Director, Real-time Labor Intelligence Research, Monster, Government Solutions. Dan Meges, Economist & Business Development Manager, Chmura Economics & Analytics.
- 10:30—11:15 a.m.: Session 3: “Big Data Innovation Drivers.” Greg Chmura, Senior Statistician, Chmura Economics & Analytics.
- 11:15—12:00 p.m.: Session 4: “Cyber Security: What Economic Developers and Workforce Planners Need to Know.” Carlos Solari, President, Solari Innovations, Inc.
- 12:00—1:00 p.m.: “8 Steps to PR Success.” Hope Katz Gibbs, Founder & President, The Inkandescent Group, LLC.
- 1:00—1:30 p.m.: Closing Remarks & Wrap-Up, Chris Chmura, President & Chief Economist, Chmura Economics & Analytics.
Journalist, publicist, and entrepreneur Hope Katz Gibbs started her career as a reporter, writing for The Washington Post, USA Today, The Miami Herald, George Washington University magazine, The Costco Connection, and dozens of alumni, association, general interest, and education publications. Click here to view her published clips.
The award-winning reporter got into PR in 2001, and in 2008 incorporated The Inkandescent Group LLC. With the mission of promoting, educating, and inspiring entrepreneurs, the firm’s flagship is Inkandescent Public Relations, a PR, marketing, web development, and design firm that helps businesses boost their visibility.
“Learn more at* www.inkandescentpr.com