Date: May 6, 2013
Time: 6:30-9 pm
Hope Katz Gibbs
Topic: Empowered Women International's Networking and Power Coach Class
Organization: Empowered Women International
Location: Alexandria, VA
The evening will include the following:
Panel Discussion Topic: Successful Careers and Businesses
- What made your career or business successful? What is/was your secret ingredient to success?
- How did you fund your business? Loans, savings, etc?
- What marketing and sales strategies worked for you?
- How do you build relationships that last?
- Could you share one experience in which you failed and what did you learn from this?
- Could you provide some tips for effective networking
- What recommendations/words of wisdom would you give to start up entrepreneurs?
- The next 20 minutes will be focused on Q&A
Class activity: Small group power mentoring on suggested topics
The students will be split in six small groups. Each students will discuss with guest speakers and peers one or more of the issues below. Each panelist will address two groups of students for 15 minutes each on one of the following topics:
- Sales Strategies
- Effective Leadership – How to become an effective leader in your career/business and community at large
- Overcoming fear, developing confidence, becoming the best you could be
Both students and guest speakers will report back to the rest of the class about what they learned in the power coaching session
About Hope Katz Gibbs
Journalist, publicist, and entrepreneur Hope Katz Gibbs started her career as a reporter, writing for The Washington Post, USA Today, The Miami Herald, George Washington University magazine, The Costco Connection, and dozens of alumni, association, general interest, and education publications. Click here to view her published clips.
The award-winning reporter got into PR in 2001, and in 2008 incorporated The Inkandescent Group LLC. With the mission of promoting, educating, and inspiring entrepreneurs, the firm’s flagship is Inkandescent Public Relations, a PR, marketing, web development, and design firm that helps businesses boost their visibility.