Date: January 18, 2012
Time: 9 am
Topic: The HREvolution: Moving from Tactical to Strategic
Location: Hidden Creek Country Club, Reston, VA
About Barbara Mitchell
HR and hiring expert Barbara Mitchell is a human resources and organization development consultant who is widely known in the areas of recruitment and retention. She has experience in both for-profit and nonprofit sectors and has consulted for a variety of organizations around the world.
She served in senior human-resources leadership positions with Marriott International and several technology firms in the Washington, DC, area before co-founding the Millennium Group International, which she sold in 2008.
Her books include The Essential HR Handbook, and The Big Book of HR. Click here to buy the book.
Our members comprise over 300 of the top human resource professionals in the Dulles corridor. Membership in our award winning chapter provides a local forum for your continued professional development. It includes many valuable benefits, such as:
- Monthly chapter meetings that feature programs with HRCI credit that keep you current, informed and aware of critical issues effecting the workplace.
- Exposure to other HR professionals and companies revealing how other organizations handle various human resource and benefit issues.
- Monthly discussion groups that expand your knowledge with thought provoking facilitators and small group discussions to share best practices.
- Access to up-to-date information on pending legislation that may impact your organization’s operations.
- An excellent resource for HR professionals that are in career transition as well as employers that seek HR talent.
- Outreach to the community to provide workshops to assist with workforce readiness in resume development, interviewing skills and computer technology.
Click here for details: www.dullesshrm.org.